21 January 2008

Smeary

"Um, Mommy?" I heard the plaintive voice along with soft footsteps on the back stairs.

I twisted in my chiar. "Yes, Inwe?"

She greeted me, eyes full of remorse, her fingertips lodged between her teeth. Her words, accompanied by my laughter, burst forth in a torrent. "I didn't mean to get it all over. You said we could play with the lipstick, and I did. I tried to paint my nose, but it looked terrible and now it won't come off."

Assuaged slightly by my laughter, she tilted her head to my side. "I can help."

"Oh, good. If this is still on my face when Daddy comes home, he'll be really mad."

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Looks like a horrible rash!!!

Oh and I found all these dresses on clearance yesterday....I was so tempted!! But I didn't know what size...

Books are in the mail tomorrow. I swear! Books for the kids on MGras.

Trixie said...

Oh memories! When I was about her age, my best friend in the whole world (who lived next door) and I snuck off to the garage with a lipstick and did approximately the same amount of "artistry." Yep, she's right. My dad blew his stack. Mom was cool about it.