22 January 2008

Can you handle a pause? And a hodge podge of thoughts?

I would like to write more about the children, but time is short for me lately. Phill is on a looonnnggg stretch of playing doctor and hasn't been around much. I forget to use the camera, and although, Inwe has been taking photos with the old digital camera, we don't have the cord to upload. You are denied the pleasure of seeing screen captures of the television, blurry images of the beta fish, and a rather devilish photo of Phill. Perhaps I will find a cord or order a replacement.

Inwe discovered the world of Mardi Gras today on a class field trip. The girls all wear their red jumpers. The playground this afternoon exuded cheeriness. You would think that I'd send the camera with her on this trip, but no. Silly us. She told us that the float with the scarlet macaw was her favorite. And, based on the information she remembers, the people who ride the horses that wear green "rock the house" during the parade. The Uptown parades begin on Friday. I will have the camera. I will take photos. I will post. Promise. Stick in the eye and all that.

Larien reports to me each day that she did not have a good day, but she refuses to elaborate. Tomorrow she visits the pre-K program at McGehee School, the parent organization of the program she attends. Maybe she'll shine so much that they will admit she should be in that class. Nah. I'm dreaming. Yet, I do hope that she will have a good time and be excited that the Fall will bring new challenges.

I take this time to renounce the nickname I bestowed on Larien when she was a wee one. When I say "Trouble", I am referring to Finwe. Finwe, the body slammer. Finwe, the boy who has decided that he DOES NOT WANT A DIAPER CHANGE. To which I respond, then pee pee and poopie on the potty. I DON'T WANT TO. Then you get a diaper change. I DON'T WANT TO.

All that ends when Inwe steps between us offering to change the diaper. Bless that Inwe, if you believe in those things. She can be an angel.

No comments: