18 December 2007

Tidbits for Tuesday

I am amazed when days pass in which I think I have nothing to post on the blog about the children. Yet, there are days in which we simply exist, walking four blocks to school, walking the four blocks in return, lazing for a while as we watch TV, eating, bathing, and finally sleeping.

I have found that the Jump Start World program that I received for free in exchange for a review on my blog has been a wonderful teaching tool and space filler while I fix dinner. We have set the computer in a nook in the kitchen, which allows me to make a mess cooking while simultaneously helping Inwe or Larien navigate the virtual camp of Jump Start World. A few days ago we played games on the NASA Kids' Club website building rockets, recognizing letter sounds, and estimating. Finwe, while not able to use a mouse effectively, enjoys watching his sisters and find most of their activities entertaining. Heaven help me, but he can do some of the mouse work for the Teletubbies site on PBS Kids.

Inwe has pronounced that she wants to stay at this school until she has to go to college.

Larien isn't matched well knowledge or ability-wise with her preschool classmates, but emotionally, she fits.

Finwe continues to be two. Man, this boy has some violent tendencies. His first reaction is to hit. Larien's is to cry. Inwe's is to yell. Shoving is Finwe's second reaction. At least he's decided that biting causes angry mothers and fathers.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Inwe, I heart you and your tendancies. Kisses.