14 December 2007

Mmmm, Snack

As the school supplies the daily snack, I am relieved of at least one morning duty--finding separate foods for snack and lunch. I still make lunch for Inwe, although I have purchased her a punch card for the days that she likes the lunch served in the cafeteria. Larien doesn't need me to pack a lunch as she eats with me (you know, the girl who doesn't believe in naps).

At night we try to engage the girls about their days at school. Call it habit forming time so that when they are older they have been completely conditioned to tell us absolutely everything. Should work, don't you think?

With four days having gone by I asked Inwe what she thought about the lunch selection. I watched her gather her thoughts. Kids are so transparent at times.

"Pretty good. They have, like, drinks and food. There were mashed potatoes today and something else. But," her brown eyes, always large, widened more, "there were biscuits today. With butter!"

Larien added, "And jelly. Jelly, Mama. Jelly."

"Butter. I liked the butter."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Only in N'Orleans, would they have biscuits with butter and jelly! I would have loved it too!

Trixie said...

Andrew had biscuits with sausage gravy this weekend. He ate every bite!