07 January 2007

Weekend with VetKelly

My college and grad school friend, VetKelly, visited this weekend. Both Inwe and Larien remembered her from her visit in April. As Inwe said, "Oh, your funny friend! I'm glad she's coming."

Larien approves of VetKelly as well. And, if you know VetKelly, who wouldn't. She's a delightful person full of optimism and a zeal for life. However, Aunt Maverick is still Larien's favorite. I know because she told VetKelly, "Aunt Maverick is my favorite friend."

We attempted a hike, but that didn't work as Larien was exhausted from not sleeping well in her sister's bed. Instead of having VetKelly sleep on the pull-out sofa in the sunroom, I rented out Larien's room telling the girls that they had to sleep with each other.

The first few hours went well, but by 1am, Larien was calling for me. She felt out of place and got worried. She managed to fall asleep forty minutes later, but she wasn't right for the rest of the day. The next night, she and Inwe did really well with each other in bed. Both of them said that they enjoyed waking up next to each other.

It was a great weekend. I didn't get enough sleep, but when do I ever?

3 comments:

turtle toes said...

I am with you on the lack of sleep! We rearranged the girls room this weekend and Rosie is having trouble adjusting. (Not that she was sleeping well before the move....)

Unknown said...

Can you see the extremely large smile on my face?!!! Oh, my baby girl - I love her so.

Trixie said...

I am just the strange lady who sends postcards! hahaha