I find it amazing that I can spend a weekend with my children and in the end have nothing noteworthy to share on this blog. My brain has recorded no "What did you say?" or particularly cute or sweet moments. Is that because those didn't happen or is it because I forgot to notice them?
This weekend I would vote for the former.
Inwe went to a birthday party. I don't know what happened because we didn't hang around. Perhaps something cute occurred. Maybe Inwe will tell me sometime this week. She did have good time.
You already know that Finwe has been having gastrointestinal issues all week. These continued into the weekend. I held him for nearly an hour and a half last night as he screamed in pain from gas bubbles. How do I know it was gas? The nose knows. Oh, it knows, that nose. I am happy to report that he remained in the same clothes all day. I have hope.
Larien has been feeling a bit under the weather, but the sickness isn't one to keep her from school or from enjoying life. She did emphatically, but calmly inform her preschool teacher that she was angry with her. And, (and really this is quite blogworthy) Larien took a nap at school. She didn't just lay quietly for half a hour; she actually slept. That's when I knew something wasn't quite right.
T felt the power of Larien this evening as she refused to bathe or go up the stairs for bed. Not that this fazed T much. Phill and I happily chatted with other parents and teachers at the school, adult only, Holiday Party. It is lovely to arrive home with all three children sleeping soundly.
This weekend was just about spending time together. We went shopping together for a new sofa. We played with the dog. We watched the new fish. We just were. Well, we did decorate the Christmas tree. So, I guess we did do something.
No comments:
Post a Comment