11 December 2006

Sick

Finwe is sick with sniffles. I just spent nearly two hours getting him to sleep.

Larien is sick with sniffles and coughs. She's sleeping with the help of Benadryl.

Inwe will get it some time this week. (See, as a parent I sometimes have to think worst case scenario so that I don't plan something wonderful only to have it dashed by snot.)

However, we did manage to have a lovely afternoon at a friend's Christmas party. It was a houseful of children girls ranging from 5 weeks to 5 years. Finwe was the exceptional boy. Not like that makes much difference to him.

The mom did a great job organizing the party. The kids glued and glittered wooden painted trees and gingerbread men to hang on the tree. The girls played a game that is quite popular in England where this mom originates. And, lastly, the kids used sprinkles to decorate sugar cookies. Oh, my girls had a blast and were the last to leave. Plus, Finwe only wanted me to hold him for about a quarter of the time.

The entire point of this post is that sick kids=less blogging. Sorry. I'll probably have a flurry of activity and pictures and all that later. I won't promise, but I will do my best.

No comments: