28 December 2006

Night Owl

Last night was the second night that Finwe decided that he should be awake from 9pm until 11ish. As it was the second night that he chose to do this, I had very little patience as all hopes of doing anything adult were dashed.

I took him outside for a late night walk. I said goodnight to every little thing in the house. We even went into the girls' rooms to give their sleeping forms a kiss. Through cooking shows, home improvement shows, and finally C-Span, he persisted in being wide awake.

I gave up at 11pm. I disturbed Phill in the library. I set Finwe on the floor with a bottle, a bucket of trucks, and shut the doors. Forty minutes later I found both of them on the floor. Only Finwe was asleep.

Luckily, he survived the transfer to the crib.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

It's the blanket again! Good to know that even as he grows - the blanket is still holding its own.