13 August 2006

I didn't like shopping until . . .

I took Inwe to buy new clothes for school. T kept Larien and Finwe. It was just the two of us.

We first went shopping for shoes. She chose some Skechers with the z-laces or whatever they are called. She doesn't have to tie her shoes. This is good; she can't do it yet. After we had the running shoes chosen, she was to choose some dress shoes. My thought was to get some black mary janes like we did last year. I picked up a sample.

Inwe scrunched her face emitting an "Ewww".

"Well, what's wrong with this one?"

"No. no." She waved her hands shooing me away. "It's all black."

I chose another shoe. This one had a black bow on it with a few sparkles. "This one?" I asked hopefully.

Inwe waved her hands again. "There's no pink. The shoe has to have pink on it."

I blew my breath out in frustration. I hadn't seen any dress shoes with pink on them. Inwe then found some white shoes. I nixed that (the whole no white after Labor Day). We looked around some more finally finding some brown shoes with pink accents. Inwe was happy.

Then it was on to the clothing store. We went to TJMaxx because my children are very hard on clothes, particularly school clothes. I don't need to spend a lot. We looked through all of the shirts and chose six of them. "This is great, Mommy! Thank you for taking me by myself. Can we do lunch together, too?"

"Of course," was my answer.

Inwe tried on a few skirts. Size 4s fit her best. She too lean for size 5s. After we had chosen her clothes we looked in the baby/toddler section for Finwe and Larien. Finwe is just growing out of many of his clothes, and all the hand me downs from friends are in the fall/winter variety in the 24 month/2Ts that fit him. I found two outfits for him at $3 each. There was nothing for Larien.
Lunch was good, but nothing to ooh and aah over. It was nice to have just one kid. Heck, it was a holiday for me. When we arrived home, Inwe did a fashion show for Larien and T. Larien had no jealousy at all.

This morning, Inwe pulled it all out to show Phill (he was on call playing doctor last night and didn't come home until after midnight). He was very sweet about it; he put his contacts in before his shower so he could see all of the selections. She's so excited. It was such a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful memory-making day, having a "just mom and me" day out! Can you believe it, I have great memories of a special day like that with my own mom when I was 4. Egads, that's 47 years ago! We had lunch at the Anchor Cafe. I had a hot dog with ketchup and we shared an order of curly fries. It was a great day together, just mom and me.

Love the nature walk photos too. You guys are great parents -- it shows every day.