17 January 2008

Ready for Pillow

One of the oddest adjustments to being a parent was keeping a pillow away from the baby. I so love snuggling with my own pillow that I wanted that for my children from their infancy. Yet, it isn't safe. Instead, they used me as a pillow, and as my sister will attest, they still use the person next to them in bed as a pillow when the fancy strikes.

Last May, Inwe gave me a handmade pillow stamped with leaves and a picture of her face. Finwe reached for it, claimed it as his own. He has slept with it near him since then. During the move, the Inwe Pillow found its way back to my room only to be absconded by Finwe again.

Along with singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, I place his head atop the Inwe Pillow, cover him with his three blankets, and turn on his bears (a mobile that plays the Florida State University fight song). Two days ago on the way to nap, Finwe grabbed a throw pillow from the couch. "I need this," he stated quite seriously.

This has to be a step on the way to a big boy bed, needing a pillow. I will need to figure out how to get him to use another pillow. He wakes up with tapestry marks on his cheek.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get his Mom Mom to send him a pillow and I know he will love it.