26 December 2007

Whirrrrrrrrrrrr

Our former neighbors have an annoying toy swap for birthdays and Christmas. How it began? Wish I knew or remembered.

The most recent exchange included a Wiggles guitar. This toy possesses multiple buttons with noise making capacity. Each time their son visited our house, he would play with the Wiggles guitar. Therefore, we were helping Cirdan by giving him the Wiggles guitar for his birthday last March.

At the going away party, Mr. MaddJones brought the guitar to our house without telling us. The men who packed the house dutifully placed it in a box labeled TOYS. The next morning, I heard the thing twanging or telling me to play my guitar with Murray. How could I leave Cirdan with no Wiggles guitar? I have too much heart for that. I unpacked it.

I refuse to divulge how we smuggled it into his room, but when Cirdan returned from his Thanksgiving trip he was delighted to find the Wiggles guitar in his room. Can you feel the love?

The MaddJones' and Telemnars are now even. For Christmas, Finwe received the toy drill pictured above. He "fixed" every broken thing, including my mother's heart. As we allowed the kids to watch some appropriately themed show, Finwe pulled the trigger on the drill so many times that we were forced to put the television volume UP TO A LEVEL WHERE WE HAD TO SHOUT TO EACH OTHER.

Of course, I'm planning on what to send for Cirdan's 3rd birthday. I have two months to plan.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

It looks a bit like he is drilling her boob. I was a bit concerned until I read the post about fixing her heart. Now I just want to smile and remember how wonderful your kids are..and how neglectful I am for not mailing their box yet. Maybe I have to hold it until next year? heehee Actually I owe boxes to at least 4 people including my parents but I just can't muster the energy!

maddjones said...

I'm a little slow catching up on the blog. We're so happy that Finwe like his drill. Of course Cirdan's Daddy's took care of the annoying gift this year. He was determined to buy stuff himself for the kids without running any of them by me. He liked the concept of a remote controlled McQueen car. What he didn't know was that it is always moving and making a lot of noise even if you are not pushing any buttons. It defaults to to zooming around in circles backwards. Depressing a button makes it go forward. Grrrrrrr I am not happy with Daddy's gift and am ready to accidently step on it next time it gets underfoot in the kitchen.