Yes, I told her about it. Yes, she had excitement about the visit, but she clung to the hope that I would remain with her. That was not to be.
When G (that's the name all the girls call the admissions director) told her about the few hours she would spend with her new class, red splotches appeared on under her eyes and her cheeks. How she kept the tears at bay . . . She did even as the rest of her family walked out of the gate to drop off paperwork at Larien's part of the school.
G phoned later saying that Inwe was smiling and holding hands of her special friend for the day. I think I'll bring White Dragon when I fetch her later this morning. She'll appreciate that.
Oh, White Dragon gave Inwe her own type of present: sleeping on her bed last night. She hadn't done that since we left Charlottesville.
2 comments:
Such a big girl - new schools are scary even for us older girls. Hugs to her. And kisses to WD!
I need some Audrey photos when you have a chance. I miss her too.
Post a Comment