Please know that everything here is fine. I'm busy. The kids are well. I'm well. Phill's well. Move along. There's nothing to see here.
Well, sure, there probably is something here, but I am uninspired lately. Call it blogging spring fever.
The truth is that during a conversation the other evening I was reminded of something about Inwe that can only be described as upsetting. I have always wanted this to be a happy blog. A sign that life moves along on its trajectory no matter how many speed bumps. My impulse is to write about Inwe, but it isn't happy. It is a reminder of a devastating event in our lives that is not easily pushed to the side.
It is a speed bump of such proportion that we (Inwe and I) have hit a deep trough. She jumps above the darkness more that I do, but she still knows it is there. She is a more somber child at times. This is who she is now. Everyone needs to accept that.
Now, don't mention it again. I live with the reminder everyday. It is the reason for some of my tears.
No comments:
Post a Comment