20 March 2007

Well, you weren't lucky,

But I'll tell the stories three days later.

The dearest Aunt Maverick appears to have had some epiphany regarding a few of the collector's edition Barbies that she owned. Instead of looking at them on a shelf in a display cabinet, she felt that these eight dolls would bring more joy to my two daughters. She was correct.

These Barbies have had a lottery to decide who gets to marry one of the few male dolls that reside in the house. I believe that Water Lily won that competition, although Marlena Evans was in close second. Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's is an amazing teacher, and Marilyn Monroe is top of the class.


In an attempt to show my young children just who Marilyn Monroe was, I used YouTube. This Marilyn doll is wearing the dress and diamonds from the number "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend", so that is the clip I found to play. Inwe has been singing the song at least once a day. A five year old singing "A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girl's best friend" is hilarious. Is she learning some lesson? Possibly. I'll let you know when I discover what it is.

Larien is thrilled, THRILLED, to know that there was a lovely woman who has her name. Aunt Maverick sent two Audrey Hepburn dolls, and Larien is happy to have just one. I have a few Audrey Hepburn movies that I like, but the girls will have to wait until they are a bit older to watch my favorite, A Nun's Tale. If you haven't seen it--do.
There were some toys in the box for Finwe as well, but he was more interested in the lollipop, although it did have an image of a Barbie on it. He is indiscriminate in his desire for sugar. The chef from South Park has already met its end, though. The bear she sent may not last much longer either. It has been stripped of every accoutrement. For some reason, nothing in this house should be dressed. It's a rule of childhood. I'm amazed that Audrey Hepburn is not wearing Marilyn's dress yet. Not one of the Barbie dolls are wearing the correct shoes. Well, Sunflower is, but that is only because Larien shrieks when someone approaches that doll's feet.
Here they are. The three that claim me as mother and Phill as father.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that they all have a sucker!!

Unknown said...

This is what I wanted - to bring a smile to my darlings' faces. It warms my heart.