25 December 2006

The kids had cheer


Last night the kids opened up gifts from my aunt, GolfGail. The girls were thrilled, absolutely thrilled, to receive markers, colors, paints, and coloring books. Instantly, both of them climbed onto the bar chairs to color. I'm not sure what Inwe did with it, but there is a thank you note ready to be mailed. It's an original Inwe, quite special.This is Larien's third piece of the new cooking toys. This is a toaster that has a real timer to eject the fake bread. She's so happy with the new toys that she agreed to let Finwe have the kitchen that Auntie J sent Inwe four years ago. That's a toy that has gotten some mileage!
Around 11am this morning I whipped up some dough for cut sugar cookies. After the three hour chill time, Inwe and Larien cut out train shapes and Santa and bear shapes. When the cookies were cool everyone got into the act of decorating the cookies with what I could find in the cabinet (I hadn't actually planned to do this) and what I scrounged from the Easy Bake Oven packets. Even my mother-in-law decorated cookies. The only one not decorating was Finwe.

What was he doing? See for yourself.
Little booger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like yall did have cheer and that is wonderful.