Auntie J sent the girls a cup and saucer each. In the very sweet letter she told them that they could enjoy hot chocolate, hot tea, or coffee in the cups. The girls immediately wanted me to brew some coffee.Inwe and Larien are enamoured of the coffee hour in the morning and afternoon with my southern family. My mom and Auntie J will talk or just sit quietly sipping coffee. Both of my daughters have joined in the gathering.
I didn't brew coffee as I didn't have any decaf. I certainly wasn't giving these two real coffee at 4:30 in the afternoon. I'm blonde, not stupid. However, I brewed some decaf tea for them to drink with dinner. Each one had three cups, which probably translated to 3/4 of a cup of hot tea.
Auntie J, these two girls were so thrilled. You made them feel very special on a day where both of them are mourning the absence of Maverick. This mom thanks you.
And, I bet Finwe would like his toys, too, if the girls would let him play with them!
2 comments:
Awww, she looks like such a serious sipper. I can imagine her in this same pose as a 19-year-old in college studying for a final exam in some exotic class.
Aunt Maverick is missing them as well.
Post a Comment