18 August 2006

Someone Needs a Haircut

On Wednesday when I picked the kids up from the gym's Kid Zone, I commented to one of the workers (one of my favorites, actually) that Finwe needed a haircut.

"Really?" she said with sincere surprise, "You aren't going to wait until he's a year old?"

"Uh, no." I added, "He's had two haircuts already."

To which she replied, "Wow! If you had waited he'd have way too much hair."

After this exchange I started thinking and wondering, Did I miss something? Do any of you other people out there know of some ritual haircutting for boy babies at one year of age? Did I break some rule, unknown to me?

He still needs a haircut. I guess I go call MS PSHair now.

2 comments:

turtle toes said...

I've heard of waiting until they are one and I waited with my oldest. With Tate, he started looking like a girl so his was cut at eleven months. I have heard the argument that once their hair is cut they don't look like a baby anymore. Helloooo, I would rather they look like a little boy than a baby girl!

Unknown said...

I've never heard of anything. But I think in Alan's family they shave the baby girl's hair thinking it'll grow faster.