Why don't I leave at 4, come get the girls, get McDonalds for them on the way back in at 5:30 with them. Let them come to the lab while I do what I have to do with Merrick and then bring them home again. That way it's only you and [Finwe]? [Inwe]'s always talking about being a scientist, let's make it a win - win. I'll keep them in line somehow.I made some modifications--early dinner at home and a pack of activities for each girl. We were set for the evening. After our dinner, we prepared some science activities for the girls as well as the coloring and small toys that Inwe and Larien had packed for themselves.
Phill and I packed the cicada husks for viewing under the microscope. I also prepared some thin, stained onion slices for viewing cells under the lab microscope. Phill's microscope has a big monitor so showing the girls the morphology of a cell is easy.

Inwe was clearly thrilled to have seen the cells and the cicada pieces under the microscope. Larien was thrilled to be with Phill in his lab. Phill was right: It was a win-win situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment