We took a family hike on this absolutely lovely day here. We hiked the Rose River fire road to the base of the Dark Hollow Falls. Here's Inwe running ahead of us.

Finwe hitched a ride on my back as usual. He particularly liked it when I did a little jogging with Inwe. His giggles carried a long way.

White Dragon joined us. She was so excited to get into the van. She nearly peed on herself (not exaggerating here) when we let her out of the van and began walking. Oh, she was happy!

Phill carried the girls to a rock in front of the falls for a picture. Inwe and Larien were a bit unsettled at being in the middle of a stream, but they calmed after a bit.

They even let Phill put them down on the boulder. Doesn't Larien look lovely here? Inwe wore her new running shoes. "Skechers, Mommy," she says with hands firmly planted on her hips. "They are not running shoes. They are Skechers."

Larien walked down the trail to the falls, and we only got her to get all the way there by discussing her upcoming birthday plans. She wants a green cake, inside and out, with green candles. We asked her if she wanted to have dinner out with just Phill and I. Her answer was touching: "I want all my family there. I want to share my birthday with Finwe and Inwe, too."

Phill carried Larien on his shoulders all the way to the top of the trail (a mile or so). Inwe walked/ran the entire way. I did let her hold White Dragon's leash on the return trip for a bit of a pull.
1 comment:
Your husband and his endless strength! What a lovely father and daughter photo. In the years to come this will be a favorite.
Post a Comment