The scene: in the van after two hours at the pool.
Time: around 7:45pm
Cast of Characters:
- Phill
- Sarabeth
- Inwe
- Larien
- Finwe
Sarabeth: Do you mean the boo boo on your leg?
Larien: Mmm Hmm
Finwe: Mamm, Mamm, Mamm
Inwe: Yes, it's the boo boo on her leg. She got it on the steps at the house.
Phill: I don't think it is bleeding, Larien.
Larien: It is. There are little red dots on it.
Phill: That's a scab.
Finwe: Da da da da da da daaaaaa
Larien: I need a bandaid now.
Sarabeth: Larien, I'm driving now. I can't do anything until we get home. Okay?
Larien: I need a bandaid now.
Phill: Patience. We should have called her Patience.
Sarabeth: Oh, hush, Phill.
Inwe: Mommy. Mommy. Mommy.
Sarabeth: Yes, Inwe.
Inwe: Tomorrow after we brush our teeth and get dressed and wait. I mean tomorrow after we wake up, brush our teeth, get dressed . . .
Sarabeth: Inwe, after we do our morning routine what do you want to do? Just skip the details, okay?
Larien: Skip to my boo boo!
Phill (singing): Skip, Skip, Skip to my boo boo, Skip to my boo boo my darlin'
Scene closes with everyone laughing.
1 comment:
The first time I read this I had a good laugh. I also found humor in all of Inwe's details. Oh, how many times have I had to muddle through all of Tate's details... Sometimes when he finally gets to the point he's lost me in the details.
Post a Comment